Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The pool boy returns

How exciting is this? Our pool boy returned yesterday and started working on our pool. Now, before you start thinking we're here in Raleigh living the high life with a cabana boy, let me clarify that I am the pool boy. Ramesh and I both have our areas of focus for OCD. For example, the play structure is very carefully built by Ramesh, with each board lined up "just so". For me, the mugs in the cabinet have their handles all turned the same way. It's just our own little "things".

I am the self proclaimed pool boy. I seem to be the crazy one that finds it meditating to skim the pool. I don't like scrubbing and definitely hate sticking my hand into the skimmer to pull out whatever committed animalcide overnight (I leave that up to Ramesh). Nonetheless, I have taken charge of pool cleaning and water testing.

Yesterday I finally took off the pool cover. Think green Kool Aid or swampland. Yuck. Not *quite* as bad as last year, but not pretty in the least. Not sure what we did wrong. Close too late, open too late, not enough chemicals. I'm sure we'll get it figured out over the next couple years. Now I focus on getting it ready to swim in. Yesterday was 94 degrees, today 90 so the water should warm up nicely and with any luck we'll be in there soon!

I am hoping my pool boy duties will buff up my arms a bit and add a little color other than chalk white to my skin. I don't think I've been "tan" since that year when I was 12 and went to AZ and fried in the sun for 6 weeks. I just aim to not blind people.

POOL DAY 1:

1 comment:

threeforme said...

That's some nice swamp water you've got there. It is most likely that you've done nothing wrong-just when you leave it over a long period of time with no new chemicals or cleaning, it's gonna turn green.

If you care, I'll share with you my favorite pool sweep that saved our pool at our last house. It's pricey, but well worth the money for the amount of work you no long have to put in.

Have fun!