Monday, May 05, 2008

THAT conversation...

I had THAT conversation with a stranger again. It's happened about 4-5 times so far in the past month. It's almost always with an older lady.

Stranger: Oh mama looks like she's gonna have a baby soon.

Me: smile

Stranger: When's the baby due?

Me: May 30th (so much easier to just use the c-section date than go into details)

Stranger: Oh, I highly doubt you'll make it THAT far along. I give it a week.

Me: smile

This conversation gives me such mixed emotions!

I think, wow these strangers are pretty dang annoying with all the unsolicited opinions. I've never told another lady that she'll give birth at any time other than her due date. Secondly, I have to admit, a seed of "Oh no - what IF they are right?" gets planted in my head. I have a momentary panic. Am I ready? How would we handle a middle of the night labor/rush to hospital?! UGH.

If his brothers are any indication, this little boy will hang out until he's yanked out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way. "Senior liberty to say their mind". Give another 40 years, you may change after being with 3 daughters-in-law and their pregs' in predicting with your knowledge!

Love,

Mohan

Anonymous said...

At least you are close.... I get the you won't make it to June (27 weeks) all the time... Come on folks if that is true, you are basically saying that my baby won't live... RUDE!!!! Don't listen to them. You and baby 3 will be just fine and he will come when he is darn good and ready, and not a moment sooner. May 30th will be a blessed day! No worries, all of the people that are giving their "predictions" are psycho!!!! Who else would dare look at you anything but something reassuring and supportive... Have they never been pregnant or known someone who was.

Love you all
the psycho prego lady (AKA Ali)