Went to visit with the doctor this morning. Everything looks good. Despite the baby having been head down for a couple of weeks and some Braxton Hicks contractions, my body has made ZERO progress towards delivery. This is not a shock to me at all. There's a reason I gotta do the c-section route.
We're all set now for an arrival at the hospital at 10am tomorrow with my c-section scheduled for 12pm. If we stay on schedule, our little man will be born somewhere around 12:30 tomorrow afternoon. The hospital now has a room in policy for recovery. When Connor was born, he and I were separated until I got out of recovery (about an hour and a half after he was born). Now, barring complications with either infant or mother, the baby will be in the recovery room with me. So, we'll only be apart while they finish my surgery.
Ramesh and I have decided to get my tubes tied with this c-section. I definitely feel like 3 kids is enough for me. It isn't just cause they are all boys (although that really does factor to some extent). I just think 3 is good for me. I did find it amusing how everyone we encountered today was trying to make doubly certain we understood the ramifications of this procedure. The doctor said "Now, you're sure you don't want ANY MORE KIDS. EVER?" I looked him dead in the eye. Yes.
So, my next post will more than likely be the one announcing the arrival of our little man. I apologize if it's not the very second I get out of surgery. If I cannot make a post Fri night or Sat morning, I'll have someone do it on my behalf.
And, just for kicks - here's a picture of my last day pregnant. EVER.



7 comments:
HAPPY DAY! I hope you have a beautiful, safe, healthy and happy birthing experience today. Much love today and always, Mom and Pop
It's almost time. I am looking at my clock and it is 11:50! I can't wait to hear all about the little one.
Congratulations! You made it!! Can't wait to see the new little guy!!
It is just about 3:30 here in Cali. I am thinking of you and the new little one. Kiss his feet for me and tell him HAPPY BIRTHDAY for Molly. We love you all. Congrats on being a complete family.
Welcome little Isaac.
Ali, Dave and Molly
Hi Angie,
The last pregnant stand recorded!
I am 100 percent with you on all your decisions you have made regarding the nice three boys you have brought into this world with Ramesh. God bless you all and good luck.
Love and kisses,
Mohan 5/30/08
Congratulations! Good thing that boy looks like his Mama!
Best of everything to you all!
- Shack
Hi Angie, don't know if you remember me since it has been YEARS since we last seen eachother...in fact, i think it was Aidan's first birthday....anyways, i'm a friend of Ramesh's from high school and I wanted to say that you look beautiful on your last day of being pregnant...
Connie Tejada-Brown
Post a Comment