Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Wow! What a deal!

I am not really a "shopper". Aside from the grocery stores, I don't keep up with things that are on sale. Heck, I HATE shopping any "day after" sales. But, I took advantage of a couple of sales this week and just had to share!

I was browsing department store for a gift when I happened upon a sale on long sleeved shirts in toddler sizes. $2!! YES!!!!

Went to Macy's yesterday looking for some deals and got Aidan a new pair of pants for $4!!! YES!!!

And the best: I was in Williams Sonoma looking to spend the gift certificate that Mohan & Shirley gave me for Christmas. I am a self professed owner of too many cookbooks. I have a fairly well stocked kitchen as well. This was all giving me problem answering the "what do you need" question. I found a basket of table linens marked sale. I do only own one tablecloth. Of course even on sale these would be too expensive, right? Our dining table is 108" long and I've never seen a tablecloth that size for under $70. I flip over the one in the basket and it reads:

Price: $190
Sale: $47.49

*double take* I actually asked the lady, "Is this price for real?". Once she confirmed it was, there was no way I was passing that deal up. I think the colors are nice, too - which helps.

Here's a detail pic of my new tablecloth:

Now I understand the addiction to finding "a good deal". Although, it's best I just keep my nose out of it.

3 comments:

Shawna Barlette said...

It's gorgeous! I love the material.

Anonymous said...

That tablecloth will look great in my dining room!! :) -Lori

Anonymous said...

did you play the lottery? your luck could pay off :-)