Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Peace and Quiet

Ahh...finally some quiet. Both boys are back in school this morning. I'm sitting here enjoying a fine Starbucks Peppermint Hot Chocolate, thanks to my lovely family members who gave me gift cards!

I've missed a lot of updating since I posted last. Let's see, how about a quick recap with some pictures?

Mohan and Shirley came out from CA to spend Christmas with the NC family. We had a nice time visiting. The boys really enjoyed playing games with their grandparents.

The game playing

Susheila hosted a great Festivus party on the 22nd. There was so much yummy food, I think we all felt like rolling out of the place.

Our $30 tree

Our mantle decorations

Mohan and Shirley stayed with us on Christmas Eve so that they could have the pleasure of being there when the boys woke up to see that Santa had come. We all pretty much half slept that night, expecting Aidan to wake at 3am. In the past, I've always had to wake him up with the "Gee, are you gonna get up for Christmas or what?" This time, he got up on his own -- at 7:15. I guess he's more interested in sleep than in Santa. Connor had to be woken, but both boys were very excited to see the "loot". We had a great day as more family (my parents, my Grandpa Terry and Susheila and Derek) arrived throughout the day to celebrate with us. It really was a wonderful Christmas.

Christmas Morning

New Years was celebrated in our usual party animal ways! My parents and Grandpa Terry came over for a nice steak dinner followed with the yearly homage to the fondue pot for dessert. YUM is all I can say. Aidan had decided he wanted to stay up to watch the ball drop in Time's Square on TV with me. He looked pretty good until about 11pm. He had decided that he was going to take a "nap" on the couch, but that I had to promise to wake him up at midnight to see the ball drop. I made good on my promise. I woke him up at 11:58. He spoke to me a little and stared at the TV. Ramesh carried him to bed after the ball dropped. Come morning, Aidan cannot remember ANYTHING about watching the ball drop and proceeded to rag me out for not waking him up "enough". Silly boy. Oh well, I tried.

Grandpa Terry with the boys and I

So, that brings us to today. Aidan got off on the bus in the chilly morning air (wind chill in the teens) and Connor very begrudgedly went to preschool a bit ago. I suppose I have a ton of things to do around the house, but am just really enjoying the break. We'll see if anything other than reading is accomplished.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: