Saturday, August 02, 2008

Have you ever?

Have you ever, as an adult, eaten a food that you used to love as a child and been less than impressed? This is happening to me over and over again!

Yesterday after Aidan's swim class, we visited the vending machine and got these:



I used to love them as a kid. I have fond memories of watching movies or even a little league game and munching some serious Twizzlers. Now? Not so much. They tasted more like wax than anything else really.

A couple of years ago, I'm thinking about the time Aidan was eating finger foods, I got the novel idea to buy this:



I used to like it. Now. Um. Gross. Even Aidan wouldn't eat it (one of my first indications that protein would be a problem for him).

So - my question to you, my faithful readers (all 6 of you), is "What food did you really like as a child but detest upon eating as an adult?"

6 comments:

Cookie Lori said...

I ate beets when I was a kid..not sure if I actually liked them though or if it was just because my dad was forcing me to eat them. I've gone the other way..i hated cheese, spinach and mushrooms...now I can't get enough of them. I wonder if our taste buds change and then some things don't taste as good. I laughed when I saw the Vienna Sausages. They are a staple at Steve's mom's parties :) He still buys them and it grosses me out!

Shawna Barlette said...

I'm with you on the vienna sausages! My folks had them at parties too (with these cute little toothpicks with fuzzy ends on them). We thought they were so "grown up" and snuck them when the parents weren't looking. Now...gack!

Anonymous said...

For me loved Twinkies, HOHO's dingdongs and hostess cupcakes... now UGH!!! too sweet. I hated any form of Chinese food. I can even remember sitting in the car in protest while my mom, dad and Jenn ate at a chinese restaurant.

Ang,
thanks for the laugh... I needed it. I hope you all are well!

Ali

Shawna Barlette said...

Pop has told me the story many times of how he loved pickled herring and sardines as a child. The one time we bought some for him to quench his childhood "memory thirst", we ended up tossing them in to the trash. Begs the question though...what kind of kid loves pickled herring? Eeeeeeegads.

Anonymous said...

Liverworst sandwiches. The thought now makes me sick.

Molly

threeforme said...

Probably all those sweet things-Twinkies, Hostess Cupcakes...what are those pocket pie things? I liked the lemon filling one. Just the thought of it makes me salivate. OH! I have the perfect one. Padyn and I just made it a couple days ago. Jello. I don't like Jello anymore. Padyn loves it, though. Good bribery for her.