Our little man is just fantastic! He has a sweet disposition, unless he's hungry or just had immunizations (as we've learned today). He smiles more and more and has an ever expanding vocabulary of coo's. He holds his head up well -- strong like his brothers -- and the pediatrician says it won't be long before he learns to roll over. Sleeping is improving. He/we have been able to sleep about 4-4 1/2 hours, eat and then back to sleep for 3 more hours.
Dylan did get his height and weight check today. Just a disclaimer - I won't be talking about percentiles anymore. I'm irritated. When mt 7 pound baby was born, he was 25%. I feel like the growth curve has been changed to fall in line with our society's increasing girth and I think it's uncool to even compare children's weights. It's too often lately I hear stories of 9 month old weighing 20 pounds and somehow they are applauded for being "good eaters" or with "healthy appetites" while those that fall closer to 25% or lower like my children are "behind the curve". You don't win a prize for getting a measurement in at 95% do you? Maybe I'm just trying to rationalize my own feelings of inadequacy here. If so, oh well, whatever gets me through the day. So, I listen to the doctor, look at the charts and judge for myself that yes, indeed, I'm doing something right. He's still growing!!
Anyway, rant over. Oh - and head circumference. Who needs to know that? I have kids with big noggins. 'Nuff said.
2 month stats:
Height: 22.25 inches
Weight: 10 lbs 9.6 oz



6 comments:
Dylan looks cool and casual. Good to hear his healthy progress to reach the ripe old age of 2 months. The picture is a darling.
Love,
Bhatta
As the mommy of a kid who since finally starting to gain weight has steadily been a 33%er with a 99% noggin, I am with you my friend.
Bottom line, he is growing, and happy and that is what matters! Why compare kids to national averages... it makes no sense in education, and it makes even less sense in thier growth that they have no control over and you have very little over thier wieght.
Happy B-day Dylan.... Kiwi can't wait to be here either!
Love you all lots!
Ali, Dave, Molly and Kiwi (4 weeks and counting)
Happy 2/12's Dylan! That's an award winning smile you got going on there!
Hugs and love,
Tutu
Oh yeah, as a mother of a preemie who never hit any of the curves, and then turned out to be 100% normal on every level....don't ever give in to the hype of percentages. Percentages only count in completing a bridge project. It's a load of societal driven crap to justify an end. 'nuff said.
I am so with you!! Hailey's last appointment - she was -3% in weight! Then we go out and see these HUGE kids and no wonder she is -3% if that is what they are judging against.
My girls both have big heads too - I think that's normal. I have a friend who is from China and she says "that just means they will be really smart in her culture" - So I am going with that!
My kids were always in the 25th, occassionally reaching the 50th. Ummm...have you met their parents? Hello...not small people. Who cares. As long as they are growing and healthy and happy
Post a Comment