Friday, July 11, 2008

Six weeks old!

First, let me start by saying that I am overdue for a post about Aidan and Connor. Really our lives are not all about Dylan 24/7. He just has more interesting topics that I can blog about.

Dylan is 6 weeks old today! Where has the time gone?

I don't have any photographic proof, but Dylan has been smiling at us. He smiles at Connor every morning. If Ramesh or I hold him, he will often stare up at us and intermittently smile. It's so cute! Such a huge open mouthed grin. I can't wait for it to become more frequent. The cardiologist even commented that he is "advanced" for smiling and that he has "the focus of a toddler". The doctor also said that "somebody must talk to you a lot". Yup, that's right.

My mom was able to get Dylan really worked up last weekend. He was flailing his arms and legs in excitement and then let out a squeal. I haven't had such luck, yet, but I think I'm getting closer. He also likes to find something to stare at and make little cooing noises.

Dylan's successfully been able to put hand to mouth. He grabs my hair or shirt when I'm holding him. He's super strong (again, reminding me of Aidan) and can hold his torso and head up a bit when he's being held. He's ok with tummy time, but it really is hit or miss. He's been known to roll from belly to back with a good strong throw of the head.

Lest you think we've got one of those perfect babies here at our house, I feel compelled to list the more difficult aspects of Dylan. He's a gassy baby and grunts a lot. He wakes up to eat pretty much like an alarm clock - every 3 hours. He's spoiled and hates to be put down. He spits up and makes a mess of himself (probably due to all the grunting!).

Aidan and Connor still LOVE Dylan. Both greet him each morning, insist on multiple kisses during the day and cannot even consider going to bed without wishing Dylan a good night. Connor, like any 3 yr old that's just lost favored "baby" status gets in trouble frequently for his close proximity and exuberance with Dylan. Honestly I can say 90% of his actions have no malice behind them and will just take more time to work through.

I offered to take Dylan's 6 week picture with his brothers, but they were disinterested. So, here is our handsome dude (outfit courtesy of The Sinclairs, red cheeks courtesy of never ending acne):

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That Dylan is a handsome boy. Reminds me of Ramesh when he was little. Angie, thanks for the descriptive details of Dylan's life with all of the family. I am anxious to get there in a month's time and hold the "baby" before gets too "big".

Mohan

Cookie Lori said...

He's just so cute!!! Don't fret over the acne. Marina had it baaaad. It's not disguising what an adorable little guy he is!