Saturday, September 08, 2007

Under the radar

I like to fly "under the radar". I like to go places, get my stuff done and then get out. That's just me. Not really a social butterfly.

Connor has greatly disturbed my radar beacon.

He apparently "has a winning smile", "is so cute", "what a handsome guy". I can't go very many places without having to hear these comments. Even sitting at the bus stop elicits smiles and waves from people driving by. Pretty soon I might actually feel compelled to make sure I look half way decent when I go out, just so I don't feel grubby when people stop and ask me "he's about 2-1/2 right?"

Of course, we have our moments where the radar is shouting a warning signal to all around. Warning - screaming kid in aisle 3!! Usually then you'll find me slumped over him talking sternly about being quiet and we'll leave after we get "just one more thing".

Mostly he's happy like this, and how can we argue such cuteness?

BTW, this picture was taken at Yosemite Falls where Connor befriended a German tourist who let him help with her water bottle and a Japanese tourist who showed Connor the pictures in her camera.

No comments: