Wednesday, September 26, 2007

My keys, part deux


I found my keys yesterday! Minor miracle considering they were missing for 19 days. We had an appointment THIS morning to have the new Volvo key synched at a cost of $195, not including the alarm.

The truly AMAZING part of this story is where I found them.

I had originally thought that Connor took them and hid them. However, since I looked in all of his usually places, I resigned myself to being the culprit. I was thinking that I accidentally chucked them in the trash with some half eaten bagels the boys left in the van. Alas, was I surprised.

Like all the other days, we pulled into the garage from an outing to the grocery store. I took the groceries in the house and headed back into the garage (like I do at least 1 time per day) to get Connor out of the van. I noticed something on the top of the van that looked like a balled up piece of paper. I got up on the side of the van and what do I see on top of my van - MY KEYS!! I. Cannot. Believe. This.

My keys have been on top of my car for 19 days? Driving all around Raleigh with multiple trips to my parents house in Youngsville? This is completely insane. I still really have no explanation for how, with my crazy soccer mom driving, my keys could remain on the roof of my car this long. Maybe those turd squirrels stole them and then replaced them yesterday. It's really the only plausible explanation.

1 comment:

threeforme said...

Ok, that's just creepy.

They were on top of your car for 19 days! Are you kidding me?

Seriously, glad you didn't have to fork over the $200 to get a new one.