Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Marriage

A while back we were all watching Failure to Launch - you know - the movie where the 30 something guy hasn't moved out of the house so the parents hire the woman to get him out. At that time, I said something offhandedly like "If you kids are still living here when you're 30 I'm kicking you out!" Aidan cried. Apparently he didn't appreciate my humor and received it as a true sign that I didn't love him. Well, today we had an interesting exchange which reminds me I just have to be careful in conversations about ever not living with my first born.

A: When are we moving?

Me: We're not. We're hoping to stay in this house until you and Connor are all grown up.

A: But, mom...I'm not going to get married.

Me: What makes you say that?

A: Well I'm almost 7 and I just haven't decided what girl to marry.

Me: I think you have plenty of time to decide Aidan. It doesn't have to be when you're 7.

A: Oh


So, Aidan will be our boomerang (if he ever moves out in the first place) and Connor will still be permanently attached to my hip saying "Mom. Mom. Mama. Mama. You Hoo. Mom..."

1 comment:

Shawna Barlette said...

OK, so today when I was watching to boys for Angie, Aidan announces "I think I'm ready to be a surfer". "Yup, I can do that".

Shades of Santa Cruz? I know how much Angie loved those surfer dudes in Santa Cruz. I'm thinking she will cringe when she finds out Aidan will be bypassing college and going straight to "hang ten"!