Sunday, September 10, 2006

Dogs


This is Bella. Yes, our doggie is getting bigger. She's doubled her size since we got her at the beginning of July - now weighing in at 30 pounds. She proving to be not so... um.... bright. I wish I could say she's overly affectionate to compensate. But, sadly, she still views us as walking, talking chew toys. Least we've still got the "she's only 6 months old" excuse. Hopefully it'll be a different story when she's 2.



This is Dakota. He's about 9 weeks old in this picture. He's my parent's new Boston Terrier. He's pretty affectionate and very smart. But, the sad truth about Dakota is that he's got needles in his mouth! Quite seriously, I've received a puncture wound on my hand from playing with this little tyke. But, I'm sure he'll get less pointy adult teeth when he gets bigger.

So, what happens when you introduce Bella to Dakota?


First, Bella inspects Dakota. Not exactly PC in our world - but works for dogs.


Then she smiles as to say "Thanks for bringing me a playtoy Mom"


Then she (which I didn't get a good picture of) plays with Dakota by licking his head repeatedly. The poor puppy's head was soaking from my dog's slobber. Gross.

I'm not sure when the pair will get back together again. Dakota is putting on weight like a champ - but still just topping out below 5 pounds. Maybe he could try piercing her nostril with his teeth? I think Ramesh could get behind having a dog with a nose ring!

1 comment:

Shawna Barlette said...

You have me laughing so hard I nearly fell off my chair! Great storyline....

Dakota's Mommy