It's State Fair time in Raleigh!
Last year we went to Myrtle Beach rather than go to the State Fair. Of course, we promised the boys a trip to the fair this year.
Sickness is firmly entrenched in our house, so we had to split ranks. Ramesh isn't a big fan of the fair, so I decided to take Aidan last Saturday for some quality time. I think he enjoyed himself. We spent at least $25 on carnival games, trying to win a giant stuffed toy. We came away with a large ball. Not what he wanted, but it's the most expensive ball we own! Aidan's favorite ride at the fair was the Drag Strip slide. Apparently it's 72 feet high and 200 ft long. He LOVED it. He went on it 4 or 5 times. We ate yummy corn dogs (but of course - what else would Aidan eat), fries, lemonade and a funnel cake. It was a cold day - breezy and only 49 degrees.
Since Connor didn't have school today (teacher workday), I decided we (Connor, Dylan and I) would go to the fair with the remaining tickets we had. He and Dylan are feeling much better from their recent illnesses (croup for Connor and ear infection for Dylan). Connor was very overwhelmed when we first arrived. He was scared to even go in to an exhibit tent. But, we did get in to see the cows, pigs, sheep and goats. When we were looking at the cows I pointed out the ones that had milk. He decided that the cow (before we saw a demonstration of the correct methodology) must PEE MILK. He declared, "When we get home, I'm going to try to pee milk out too!". Not unlike his brother, Connor's favorite ride was the slide. He went on a much smaller version of the one Aidan went on at least 4 times. Connor ate a hot dog and ice cream (OMG $5 per cup!!!) at the fair. He also really enjoyed the shuttle bus ride that we took to and from. Just 5 days after Aidan went and the weather was much different - 79 degrees and sunny!
Dylan went with us to the fair today. He took a nap. He saw baby chicks, cows, sheep and pigs. He didn't ride any rides, but got to taste a fair hot dog and ice cream. He did his share of crying when he was ready to go and didn't want back in the stroller. In all, a usual outing for Dylan.
Sorry I didn't take any pictures. It's hard wrangling kids alone in a packed place like that, I couldn't handle a camera too. But, next year come with us to the fair and experience it for yourself!
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
We are so there next year! You'll need a hand or two anyway....and I adore funnel cakes!
Post a Comment