As if I didn't feel enough guilt during the 2 times per year that I go see my dentist, I get to catch heat when I take Aidan. Of course, don't even start those people on the fact Connor has yet to go to the dentist.
Anywho...
Aidan's previous brushing was pathetic. I'll admit it. I think it ties into us not really having a bedtime routine with him. Often (quite often I must admit) I would forget to have Aidan brush his teeth before bed. Actually, most likely it's due to us always running late. Late for bed - hurry and sleep. Late for school - hurry and get dressed! Regardless, these past 6 months we've all really made an effort. He's brushed a heck of a lot more - and we sing the ABC's 2 times while he brushes (I read somewhere that puts your brushing in to almost 2 minutes).
What did the dentist have to say when his checkup was finished?
"Aidan's brushing and teeth condition have really gotten worse since his last visit."
WHAT??!! NO WAY!!!
So, now the dentist wants me to brush his teeth for him. Those of you with older kids will understand - once you teach them to do something on their own, you really don't want to go back. It's just not fun. It's like having a child suddenly NOT sleep through the night. I mean, I JUST got him bathing himself in the past month. I had to wipe his nether regions up until about 3 months ago. sigh. Now, we have to start all over again with the teeth brushing. When will it end?
Oh, did I mention that oral hygeine and dentist visits have never been my strong suit? Seriously - I've got a load of fillings and crowns in my mouth. It's like having an alcoholic giving talks about abstaining from alcohol.
Of course, Aidan had to help rub some salt in the wound that is the dentist visit.
Me: "Did the dentist talk to you about your teeth?"
Aidan: "Yeah. She asked me if my mommy helps me brush my teeth."
Me: "What did you tell her?"
Aidan: "Nope."
Sometimes, ya just feel like someone should revoke your parenting license.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment