Sunday, October 15, 2006

Lucky Kid

We went to the state fair this weekend. I swear, my kids need to start buying lottery tickets as soon as they can, cause they are both really lucky. Aidan won himself - and all by himself I might add - this HUGE NEMO. Yes, we had to carry it around for a couple hours and then on the shuttle bus home. Here's the story in a nutshell:

As we sauntered up to the ball toss game, I had out $4. $2 for Aidan's shot, and $2 for my shot so that I could hopefully win him something since he couldn't possibly win such a difficult game.

First ball - didn't even hit the bucket. The carnie says "Oh, you're little. Go ahead and stand up here and shoot".

Ball 2 in the bucket. Wow. Aidan won a small toy.

Ball #3 in the bucket. Um, how'd he do that?

Ball #4 in the bucket. I pocket my other $2. According to the carnie, Aidan was the only one in 2 days to win the big prize.

Of course, as we're standing there, we know that Aidan should've only gotten 3 balls. The guy gave him a freebie and probably shouldn't have let him throw from the little ledge. But, hey, who are we to police it when he's telling my 6 year old to pick "ANY TOY YOU WANT".

Growing up I always thought how lucky those winning kids were to be carting around a huge toy. I felt the same coming from every kid we passed in the subsequent hours before we went home. Life with the big fish hasn't been that bad. I mean, he doesn't eat or poo so that's good. He takes up a lot of room, but is generally quiet. I think we'll keep him - for a while at least.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow! Look at that fish!

Way to go Aidan!