Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life is fine, look who's 9!!

Can you possibly believe that Aidan turned 9 years old yesterday? I don't quite remember his birth like it was yesterday, but it's still pretty fresh in the old noggin.

I feel so lucky to have Aidan as a son. Beyond is ever increasing "moods", his habit of doing what requires the least amount of energy and his crazy food pickiness, he's a very wonderful guy. He's smart, loving and extremely considerate. He's a very tolerant big brother (although that's wearing very thin lately with Connor). He's shy and quiet. I love that I can hold "bigger" conversations with him now. I enjoy that he enjoys more live action movies now and less cartoons. He's just simply great!

Aidan's 9th birthday is occurring with prolonged celebration. Back when Mohan and Shirley were here, we spent some time bowling and mini golfing in future celebration of Aidan's birthday. This past Sunday night we went to dinner at Red Robin with my parents and Susheila and Derek as a celebration. He was anxiously awaiting the employees singing to him. When they did come, I don't think he could've sunk any lower in his chair without falling on the floor!

Yesterday, the actual birthDAY, Aidan went to his very first day of 4th grade. Wow. He has a super nice teacher, although she did send home homework on the first day. Ramesh dropped of cupcakes so I think Aidan may have made a good impression on the first day with the other kids in class.

This coming Saturday Aidan's having his first sleepover. He's a bit nervous, but can't tell me exactly why. We're expecting 3 of his friends (all 9-10 years old) over. Should be interesting. I just make sure to have plenty of movies, video games and FOOD and we're good to go!

My handsome 9 year old:


The singing!




3 comments:

Shawna Barlette said...

Unlike your Momma, I recall every second of your impending arrival, every second of your birth, and just about every second since then. We all (and I mean everyone of us) anxiously awaited your entry in to this world 9 years ago. And, we were very much rewarded with who you are, who you are still becoming and the promise of who you will be when you do grow up. Happy Birthday Big Guy!

Alison said...

Well said Shauna. Happy Birthday Big Dude! I can't believe you are 9 already. I hope it was a great day.

Bhatta said...

Aidan,

Seems like you had a nice birthday with all the people around loving you. You're a great guy. Have many more of this and enjoy life.

First day of school is on your Birthday!! You must have enjoyed every bit of it. Love you