Recently on one of the mom's group boards I'm on, someone asked "What's your favorite time of the day?"
I sat and tried to think. Is it that time when I'm the only one awake in the house? Is it dinnertime? Is it bedtime? Nothing really felt right until the past couple days.
I love when my kids get up in the morning.
Aidan is 7 and definitely of the opinion that getting up M-F is painful. Sat/Sun - not a problem. He's almost always the first out of bed to watch cartoons. But those M-F days take work. I climb into his bed at about 7:30 and snuggle with, whispering about the day ahead. He always wraps his skinny arms around me - he's my original cuddle bug. Finally he's able to get up once I make moves to go get Connor out of bed.
Connor is about 1/2 the time already awake when I get in his room. I depends on what time he got to sleep the night before. Connor refuses (for whatever reason) to actually leave his bedroom when he gets up. He has been known to play in his bed for an hour if I let him. He LOVES to have me cuddle with him as much as I do. So, I climb in his bed and either wake him up or give him a good morning hug. He and I share a few words and play with toys for a few minutes until I convince him that there's food and cartoons awaiting downstairs.
These are the moments of the day where I really get to connect with each child individually. Nobody is screaming or talking back. There's no distractions and a lot of love. I would gladly pass up sleep to be able to greet every morning in this manner!
Friday, October 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
What a beautiful testimony to being a Mom. You're the bestest.
Love, your Mom
You made me cry... I am in Long Beach w/o my baby and I miss her little feet pattering down the hall in the morning to wake me up. Only 2 more mornings and then I can have that back. Happy Friday:-)
Ali
What a great attitude you have. Me? I'm the one that needs to be snuggled for a while to wake up well. All it takes for me to be grouchy all morning is hearing one of my angels cry or call out before 7am.
I will try to be more like you.
Post a Comment