Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween!

We've come to solidify one understanding of Aidan's psyche - he LOVES candy. We've also come to understand that his baby brother ALSO LOVES candy. I mean - he's totally crazy for the little brown bags of M&M's. He wakes up and runs to the secret hiding place (not such a good secret huh?) to begs for MORE, MORE, MORE.

This year's Halloween was a success. Connor seemed to enjoy himself. Although, that first house really threw his world for a tailspin. The lady across the way was handing out full size bags of candy! When we arrived she had them neatly arranged on a tray and offered to Connor to "pick one". I wish I had a picture, because that kid had the biggest opened eyed grin just staring at the veritable array before him. It seriously was like he was looking at a pile of gold bars. Of course, he picked the M&M's and we went merrily on our way to the next set of houses.

Here is our little Superman - chocolate on his face and all.



Now, Aidan was The Flash and lived up to his name. He trick-or-treated with the speed and deftness of an old pro. He even managed to say Thank You at every house (we are so proud!). He was at his fastest with my dad's escort running a good 3 houses ahead of Superman. In fact, The Flash was so fast that I only caught one picture of him after he had raided a house:



I'm sure both boys are looking forward to next year. Aidan proclaimed this morning that he wants to be Wolverine (like his friend Grayson) next year. All I want to do is somehow get rid of the candy (right after I find that Mounds bar that I KNOW is in that bucket!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Superman and Spiderman! They must have down well in getting candy for halloween. They together must have cleaned up the criminal elements in Raleigh.